From 15th to 19th of May 2017 I had privilege to participate on renowned Challenges of EUROPE 2017, 12th International scientific conference this year focused on innovative responses for resilient growth and competitiveness, that took place on Bol, in beautiful Elaphusa resort on Island Brač.
Conference is organized by the Faculty of Economics, University of Split since 1995. In 2017th keynote speakers were distinguished professors from leading Universities, including:
- Prof. JEAN TIROLE, PhD Nobel Laureate in Economics 2014 from Toulouse School of Economics (TSE), FR;
- Prof. ANDRÉS RODRÍGUEZ-POSE, PhD President of the Regional Science Association International (RSAI) from London School of Economics, UK;
- Prof. DRAŽEN PRELEC, PhD Pioneer in the field of neuroeconomics from MIT Sloan School of Management, USA;
- Mr. ROBERT-JAN SMITS Director-General of DG Research and Innovation (RTD) at the European Commission; and
- Prof. C.H. (Cars) Hommes Pioneer in Complexity economics from University of Amsterdam, NL
Preconference events have been organized at the Faculty of Economics in Split. They were focused on two topics:
- Advanced Studies Institute (ASI) on “Human Capital, Foreign Migration and Spatial Economic Dynamics”
- Advanced Brainstorm Carrefour (ABC); “Economic and Touristic Importance of Culture and Cultural Heritage of the City”
The main speakers were following distinguish professors:
- Emeritus Professor Peter Nijkamp, PhD from Tinbergen Institute, Amsterdam, NL; A.Mickiewicz University, Poznan, PL
- Post-doc researcher Karima Kourtit PhD from KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, SE
- Newbold Bruce PhD from McMaster Univ., Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
- Laurie Schintler PhD from George Mason University, Washington, USA
- Mark Partridge PhD Ohio State Univ., Columbus, USA
Tonći Antunović PhD from Ericsoon Nikola Tesla, CRO
On 19th of May, on PhD Workshop I have presented my PhD research on Monetary valorization of public resources and their impact on both tourism product and overall tourism development. My paper has been revised by Dr. João Romão, PhD and post-doctoral researcher at Faculty of Economics, University of Algarve Portugal. Professor Romão is distinguished researcher focused on tourism, urban planning, regional development and spatial econometrics; one of the founding members of Regional Science Academy, currently working as professor at Hokkaido University, Sapporo Japan.
I would like to thank professor Romão for his comments, guidelines and kind words!
On photo: prof. Romão and me
More information about conference can be found at official web site and facebook page! Next conference is on schedule for 2019th!